This garage is groovy to be sure. It's a tandem two car garage with super shiny and clean black and white tile checked floor that is cleaner than most kitchens! Attached is a very tidy 2 car garage. Attached to all of that is an immaculate ranch home, ready to just move right in (click on the photo for link). If you have special cars or motorcycles, this garage is definetely for you!
Tips for Staging a Garage (yes, it's true...)
The most important color for a garage is clean.
- You can choose any light neutral color to paint the walls. We preferto use November Rain (Benjamin Moore OC-) because it goes with everything and looks very clean. Choose an eggshell finish for the walls so they can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Garage ceilings should be white as should painted trim. If your garage woodwork is stained, then make sure these mouldings are clean and polished.
- If the inside of the garage is unfinished, then whitewashing the walls will help brighten the space and help make the space look cleaner.
Lighting is very important in a garage as these areas tend to be dull and drab as a rule.
- Replace light bulbs in all the fixtures with the highest wattage allowed.
- If the garage has windows, remove old drapes or blinds and make sure the windows stay very clean throughout the on-market time.
- Add to your checklist for home staging some new light fixtures in the garage if it is still dark after completing the two suggestions above.
A badly stained garage floor can be very off-putting to buyers. A good cleaning should have taken care of most of the darker spots, but if the floor still looks shabby, then you might consider one of these options to spruce it up.
- The least expensive option is a do-it-yourself epoxy coating on the floor. This product gets rolled onto the garage floor like paint and can really update an old floor.
- If a coating isn't an option, consider garage floor tiles that snap together to form a grid. These super-strong tiles look terrific and can really dress up an otherwise plain space.