Decatur and Surrounding Towns Moving Tips
Moving is considered to be one of life's most stressful events. By planning ahead, and staying organized, you can cut down on that stress and make your life easier! Consider us, Glenda Williamson Realty, as your go-to resource for relocating to Decatur or its surrounding towns.
On this page, you'll find moving tips, relocation resources, and tons of free tools to make your relocation to Decatur and its surrounding towns as easy as possible. If you ever have any questions about the area, moving here, or the homes for sale, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Relocation Made Easy
Experience has taught us that organization, thorough planning, and comprehensive research are three things that make any relocation less stressful. To make your move to Decatur or its surrounding towns go as smooth as possible, consider following these tips:
- Months before the move, host a garage sale to get rid of unused or outgrown items. If you don't have enough time to host a yard sale, consider donating items to a local charity
- Hit up your local grocery or liquor store for free surplus boxes. Just be aware that these boxes will not be reinforced.
- Stock up on moving supplies, like boxes, labels, packing tape, and packing materials like bubble wrap.
- Pack the heaviest items in smaller boxes.
- Pack dishes, bowls, plates, and glass objects vertically. This will prevent them from breaking and make unpacking easier.
Additional Moving Tips
- Label everything! Label boxes by room, any by whether or not they contain immediately needed materials like sheets and towels.
- Pack personal essential in an easily accessible box. Include things like toilet paper, soap, toothpaste, paper plates, cups, towels, snacks, tools, a flashlight, and other necessary items. Put it somewhere where it can be unpacked first.
- If you are using professional movers, be sure to review all moving documents before signing anything.
- Exchange contact information with the mover's foreman.
- Be sure you have all important contact information, whether it's in a phone book or stored in your cell phone, so you can contact old neighbors, friends, or professionals as soon as you need to.
- Take all personal documentation and medications with you. Store them somewhere where they can be accessed conveniently and immediately.
More Moving Resources
Glenda Williamson Realty is here to make sure your relocation goes off without a hitch. We have customized resources available to clients relocating to Decatur or any of its surrounding towns. Simply click on a button below to access those resources.
If you are moving with a pet, you may have to take a few extra steps to preserve your pet's comfort and safety during the move. Check out our blog post about how to make the move as stress-free as possible for your furry friend.
Glenda Williamson Realty is Here for You
If you ever have any questions about the moving process, please don't hesitate to contact us. As Decatur area experts, we have in-depth knowledge and comprehensive resources about Decatur and all of its surrounding towns. We would love to connect you with additional resources for relocation, just ask!